Yagullthe official website
"These super chill yet richly evocative instrumentals achieve a transporting, cinematic quality." Time Out New York
"Pure, moving, cinematic, and unearthly beautiful!", Rootstime, Belgium
"Delectable acoustic collage of melody and subtle nuance. Kai is a winner!", Sea Of Tranquility, USA
"Reinvention or revelation, Kai is inviting in both extremes", Modmove, Australia
"Beautiful music. Deep and well played", On Top Audio, France
"Instrumental music doesn't get classier than this. Kai is the album of the year!"
Raymond Benson, Progression Magazine/ James Bond Novels author
"Ingenious, spellbinding acoustic sceneries", Gut Feeling Magazine, Israel
"Tasteful intelligent music to dream away on. This album is magnificent!" , Moors Magazine, Holland
- "Composer-guitarist Sasha Markovic celebrates Films, a new effort from his Yagull project that shows off his unique chamber-folk compositional style. The disc is aptly named—these super chill yet richly evocative instrumentals achieve a transporting, cinematic quality."
Time Out New York
-"instrumental music doesn't get much classier."
RAYMOND BENSON , PROGRESSION , USA
"Pure, moving, cinematic, and unearthly beautiful!",
"Killer stuff the adult ears can't help but love. Hot Stuff!",
MIDWEST RECORD, US
"Delectable acoustic collage of melody and subtle nuance. Kai is a winner!",
SEA OF TRANQUILITY, US
"Reinvention or revelation, Kai is inviting in both extremes",
- "films" is a dark and somber affair, acoustic in nature with a strong flair for chamber/folk music
SEA OF TRANQUILITY, USA
- It's an acoustic album of great depth and beauty...Yagull's version of White Room has to be heard to be believed
KEVIN ROWLAND, SILHOBBIT, UK
- Lyrical, sweet and tender, this music is very evocative... A CD of beautiful music, deep and well played. What more?
MICHEL BEDIN, ON TOP AUDIO, FRANCE
- The beast is beautiful in Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
TOMA JAZZ, SPAIN
- Sensual and sensational! A Big Apple instrumental collective project a magic light onto a mind screen
DMITRI EPSTEIN, DMME, UK
- Fabulous! The album has evocative feel you get from a film soundtrack. Gorgeous guitar playing.
GAYLE AUSTIN (THE FIRST AUSTRALIAN FEMALE ROCK DJ), CURVED RADIO, AUSTRALIA
- I'm willing to bet Alan Shacklock (Babe Ruth) will shed a wistful tear upon hearing what Sasha's done with the baseline both expressed a pronounced affinity for ...
MARK TUCKER, ACOUSTIC MUSIC, USA
-There is no substitute for beauty, especially when it comes to the music you listen to… this acoustic group offers up some of the most beautiful 21st Century chamber music you’ll ever hear… just scope out East to hear what I’m talking about!
DOCTOR JAZZ, IMPROVIJAZZATON NATION , USA
- Yagull's take on Sabbath Bloody Sabbath and White Room struck us with ingenious, spellbinding, acoustic sceneries and dedicated melodies
GUT FEELING MAGAZINE, ISRAEL
- With the album "films" New York guitarist shows that reduced instrumentation, can create a wonderful atmosphere
with a great drive
MUZIK ZIRKUS, GERMANY
- This is one of those discs that do not ever get boring. In some ways it could be called a rock record, even though it is actually mostly made with acoustic instruments...
LATE FOR THE SKY, ITALY
- "films" is a dark, mystical, acoustic journey...
MUZIK AN SICH, GERMANY
- somber yet beautiful guitar-layered instrumental album that is a dark, haunting, beautiful...
THE MUSIC FROM THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ROOM, USA
- Yagull made a fine album. "films" is a daring quest for simplicity. Melancholic and sweet at the same time, the album reminds me of some early seventies prog folk stuff
UNITED MUTATIONS , BELGIUM
-Yagull's rendition of White Room sounds like it was played by unplugged, sombreros wearing Jethro Tull...
- Yagull delivers “films,” a chamber acoustic project that’s full of melodies that are at once meaningful and easy to latch on to.
- Delicate, ascetic, strongly illustrative and very sophisticated, "films" requires this kind of album title.
ART ROCK, POLAND
- From melodic and delicate, from playful to mournful, every tune on this album has its place in some imaginaryfilm, and not without a reason.
DISTRITO JAZZ , SPAIN
- Beautiful! 'films" echoes 60's folk rock moods, chamber instrumental sound, with great inputs of each of the players.
NAPALMED, CZECH REPUBLIC
- These "films" have no age restrictions, and they can suit the whole family - every generation will hear something special.
JAZZ QUAD, RUSSIA
- Highly inspiring! ...cross-genre album that features an imaginative content, especially in Sabbath Bloody Sabbath and White Room
- Tasteful intelligent music to dream away on.... Beautiful!
MOORS MAGAZINE, NETHERLANDS
- The album also holds two covers performed in such a way that it really adds value to the originals ( Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, White Room)
BACKGROUND MAGAZINE, NETHERLANDS
- The music of Markovic and his associates deserves a real film...However, it will cost the listener no effort to enjoy this fine music.
- Fantastic album! It could be the soundtrack to a movie with majestic landscapes with large, mountains, plains,snowy tops, rivers and lakes...
- Great post rock chamber music in spirit of Focus, Third Ear Band, Popul Vuh
CHE DRAGON, SOUTH KOREA
- Yagull's album is presenting beautiful moods and calming, dreamy sounds. What the band presents here is indeed well managed and entertaining from beginning to end.
- While moving in the territories almost entirely acoustic, this debut album performed and produced by New York guitarist Sasha Markovic, the leader of Yagull, covers a very extensive spectrum of music: so that embraces the most intimate and melancholic folk, touches the expressive depth of the West Coast sound, stopping brieflyat the elegant structure of the soft-jazz , captures the magic of Celtic culture or magnetism of hypnotic Floydiana, and not failing, at least two occasions, devoting himself to the casual and elegant joke ...
ARTISTS AND BANDS, ITALY
"Composer-guitarist Sasha Markovic celebrates Films, a new effort from his Yagull project that shows off his unique chamber-folk compositional style. The disc is aptly named—these super chill yet richly evocative instrumentals achieve a transporting, cinematic quality." Time Out New York
-Another excellent review of Yagull "Kai" in JazzQuad by Mr. Leonid Auskern.
-A+ review on Shakefire.com. Thank you Mr. AJ Garcia
-The newest "Kai" review in Dutch Background Magazine. Thank you Mr. Pedro Bekkers!
-"Themes that speak to the heart..." excellent review of Yagull " Kai' in Grande Rock.
-Great review in Hungary! HiFiPac on Yagull, read here.
-ProgBrasil reviews the new Yagull album!
-Bop-N-Jazz featuring "Kai"!
-Fantastic review of "Kai" in Music From The Other Side Of The Room, ". Thank you Mr. Zachary Nathanson!!!
-Rocker UK reviews "Kai", "It's a real treat and should be one that those with a taste for adventure check out immediately..."
-"Powerful melodic writing and sensitivity", Canadian Textura reviews "Kai".
-Yagull "Kai' is perfect example of beauty and simplicity", the new review in Korea! Thank you CheDragon!
-Babyblaue reviews Yagull "Kai". Read here!
-Yagull feature in German Ragazzi Musik! An excellent in depth review!
-"Not a word is sung, but with every note the musicians manage to express more that any language could. Pure, moving, cinematic, and unearthly beautiful!, fantastic review of "Kai' in Rootstime! ( in Dutch )
-Two great reviews of Yagull "Kai" in Germany in Rocktimes and MuzikReviews.De.
-German webzine "Gaesteliste" reviews Yagull's new album!
-"Delicate intimation from a tight-knit unit sharing their inner light with the world" and excellent review by Mr. Dmitri Epstein for DMME.net.
-"Utterly solid contemporary instrumental music, there's nothing here that's really far a field but the most welcome echoes of Mancini, Morricone, and other greats takes on new dimension.Killer stuff the adult ears can't help but love. Hot Stuff",
short but sweet review from Midwest Record.
-"Yagull takes elements of folk, classical and chamber music and molds it into a delectable acoustic collage of melody and subtle nuance. Kai is another winner that deserver your attention.", Sea Of Tranquility's Jon Neudorf reviews the new CD.
-"Being truly progressive relies on an open minded approach where there are no expectations that can't be ingnored and no compositional leaps that can't be cleared. Reinvention or revelation, Kai is inviting in both extremes", Mr. Rob Hudson reviews the new Yagull cd for Australian " Modmove ".
-Yagull's international expanse!, a short interview with Sasha Markovic, and the new album announcement. Thanks to Mr.
Dmitry Epstein and DMME.net
-Five stars album!!!! The first review of "Kai" on SongMemories ( Japan )
-Another excellent review of "Films" on Progressor!
-Yagull "films" Press Release written by Mr. Mark Redlefsen ( All About Jazz )
-Yagull "films" review on www.acousticmusic.com by Mark S. Tucker
-"Sensual and sensational, a Big Apple instrumental collective project a magic light onto a mind screen..."
excellent review of Yagull "films"on DMME.net . Check out this great site and some of their fantastic interviews with numerous
hard rock, blues, prog, classic rock legends (Dan McCafferty, John Lawton, Ian Anderson, Paul McCartney, Dio...)
-"Don’t let the acoustic tag impact your mindset on this either, for there is as much power in these grooves as a Marshall stack on 11,
it’s just more cerebral and only slightly less physical" , a great review by Rob Hudson in Modmove Magazine
-Music Street Journal in depth, song by song review of Yagull "films" ( by G. W. Hill )
-Yagull "fims" record release party / Sveti at Subculture , New York Daily News announcement
-"ingenious, spellbinding, acoustic sceneries and dedicated melodies" ..great review of 'films" in the new edition of Maelsrom!
-The simplicity - if it is the result of a careful study - doesn't mean anything. If anything, it adds value in terms of sound communication. It is
precisely for this reason that the songs of Markovic arrive, greet and welcome you with ambiguous filigree shades of film music."
Another great review from Mentelocale, Italy . Thanks to Mr. Ricardo Scorti.
-"fillms" is a definite highlight of the year!!! Phil Jackson reviews the album in Acid Dragon Magazine
-"it is an acoustic album of depth and great beauty...", Kev Rowland reviews "films" on Maly Leksykon
-"Films is a dark and somber affair, acoustic in nature with a strong flair for chamber/folk music" , Sea Of Tranquility reviews Yagull
-"Yagull's reserved take on Sabbath Bloody Sabbath and White Room struck us with ingenious, spellbinding, acoustic sceneries and
dedicated melodies" , Gut Feeling Magazine reviews Yagull
-There is no substitute for beauty, especially when it comes to the music you listen to… this acoustic group offers up some of the
most beautiful 21st Century “chamber music” you’ll ever hear… just scope out “East” to hear what I’m talking about!
IMPROVIJAZZATON NATION reviews Yagull
-"Markovic's work presents beautiful, exotic and melancholy songs in a language that lies between the Chamber Music and Progressive..." , Brasilian Alquimia Rock Club reviews "films"
-"pleasantly blown away by the album", the great new review of "films" on Arlequins Webzine (in Italian)
- Background Magazine on Yagull "films". Another fine review!
- Yagull in Jazz News!
-Nice new Yagull "films" review in Greece!
-"With the album "films" New York guitarist shows that reduced instrumentation, can make a wonderful atmosphere
and a great drive" , MuzikZirkus review of Yagull "films" (in German)
-Progressive Rock & Progressive Metal Yagull feature
-Read the new in depth review of "films" on Progcast , great site dedicated to progressive music ( in Portugese )
-The newest review of "films" on Artists & Bands by Mr. Gianluca Livi (in Italian)
-"The beast is beautiful in "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath" - new "films"review in Spain ( TomaJazz )
-ArtRock gives 8/10 stars to Yagull "films" ( in Polish)
-Napalmed review of "films" (in Czech )
-" "films" is a dark, mystical, acoustic journey..." , Muzik An Sich review (in German)
-Gaplegate Guitar and Bass Blog review of "films"
-Yagull "films" in iO Pages, Apil 2013 Issue ( in Dutch )
-Yagull "films" featured on Silhobbit.com
-Yagull in JazzMusicArchives
-DistritoJazz coverage of Yagull "films" (in Spanish)
-"Yagull's astounding version of White Room has to be heard to be believed " - review of MoonJune's complilation featuring Yagull by
Kev Rowland, featured on alfa Radio, Krakow 102.4FM , Maly Leksikon Wieklich Zespolov, Poland
-"Films is a somber yet beautiful guitar-layered instrumental album that is a dark, haunting, beautiful...", a great review by
Zachary Nathanson (The Music Frome The Other Side Of The Room)
-Jerry Lucky "films" coverage
-Moors Magazine - a fine Yagull "films" review
-Yagull on Late For The Sky. Fantastic review by Paolo C. Carnevale
-ProgRock review of "films" by Jacek Chudzik (in Polish)
-Baby Sue review of Yagull - "films"
-Dark (by Yagull) - opening song on today's Fenix, the fantastic Portugese Radio Show. Listen to the podcast here
-More radioplay in Brasil: Listen to "Music Company" by Mr. Gilberto Mineiro ( Universidade FM 106.9 in Sao Luis Maranhao )
-Yagull on PROFILE RADIO
-Radioplay in Mexico: Distance featured on Radio Pajaro Hombre, fantastic show hosted by Mr. Roberto Lupercio!!!
-BabyBlaue Prog site reviews "films"
-United Mutations reviews "films"
-Yagull featured on "Different Colours Of Jazz" on Polish Radio. This fantastic show is hosted by Mr. Andrzej Patlewicz.
-"films" review on HFP ONLINE (in Hungarian) . Thanks to Mr. Czékus Mihály.
-ProgLog AFTERGLOW reviews Yagull "films" (in Dutch)
-The newest review on JazzQuad !!! (in Russian) Thanks to Mr. Leonid Auskern.
-Ragazzi Music reviews "films" (in German)
-"sounds like unplugged, sombreros wearing Jethro Tull..." - SoundGuardian gives 5 points to Yagull!!! ( review in Croatian )
-Tune in live on Sunday , January 6th at 10AM Eastern time to listen Sasha's interview about Yagull album on Curved Radio with Gayle Austin, legendary Australian rock DJ !!!
-La Luna Di Alfonso Review of "films"
Baby Sue review of Yagull - "films"
United Mutations reviews "films"
-Yagull featured on La Villa Strangiato: tonight (January 3, 2013) @ 8:00 pm ET, CHUO 89.1 FM; www.chuo.fm
-Nils Herzog on Yagull on muzikreviews.de
-Yagull on El Retorno Del Gigante Argentinian Radio show (Special on Moonjune Records in January 2013)
-Bad Alchemy Magazine Yagull review - for all German fans, buy the latest issue of Bad Alchemy (BA75)
-Chedragon review (in Korean)
-On-TopAudio.Fr on Yagull (review in French by Mr. Michel Bedin)
-"films" review on Resensator.de (in German)
-Yagull on Progulator.com ( review by Matt Di Giordano )
-Yagull "films" review on www.prog-rock.info by Roland Leich (in German)
-" Yagull's enchanting version of Sabbath Bloody Sabbath makes it fresh, delicate, beautiful..." , fantastic new review of "films"
in Rock Imressions ( in Italian )
-Yagull "films" in depth review on Progressor. Check out the Uzbekistan Progressive Rock Pages.
-Zozemusic & "films" feature on New Prog Releases Blogspot
-Yagull "films" in Progressive Newsletter Magazine ( Issue 77 )
-Yagull's Summerdreamer on Papaj's Archives
-"Don’t let the acoustic tag impact your mindset on this either, for there is as much power in these grooves as a Marshall stack on 11, it’s just more cerebral and only slightly less physical" , a great review by Rob Hudson in Modmove Magazine
-Great Yagull "fims" coverage in the newest issue of Prog Resiste magazine !!!
-BAFF Official Selection (Teed Off-score by Sasha Markovic)
-La Villa Strangiato ( radio broadcast sashasonia track written by Sasha Markovic)
Good review of "the sours" album on ProgBrasil ! The project featuring Sarah Schrift, Sasha & Kana is getting more press.
-the sours album is the album of the week in Dutch ProgLog Afterglow!
-Wild Thing gives four stars to the sours! ( new review in Greece )
-German Melodiva covers the sours debut CD. Thanks to everybody for digging the sound!
-JazzQuad covers new album by the sours, featuring Sarah, Sasha, and Kana ( in Russian )
"there is a secret hidden magic in the Sours. Not every album leaves a long lasting impression of its mood. The Sours
succeed in this..."
-The Sours is a project whose music offers a mellow sound with a dose of calm, peace and mellow sound and dose of rellection
great review by Roctologist.
-Four star review of the sours album from BlogCritics.com !!!
-the sours review in Tomajazz, Spain
-The fantastic review of "The Sours" album in German RockTimes!
-sashasonia album review by B. Lokner on TMM